10. How to use the Q7 as a USB DAC for a computer?
(1) On the homepage, short press the volume knob to enter the working mode menu. Rotate the knob of the Q7 to USB, and short press the knob to enter the USB decoding mode.
(2) Use a USB cable to connect the Q7 to the computer, and connect the output port of the Q7 to headphones or a speaker.
(3) Choose the corresponding output on the music app. The Q7 will losslessly decode the audio signal transmitted through the computer.
(1) When the Q7 is in UAC 1.0 mode, no driver is required. Just select the Q7 as the default audio output device after connecting it to the computer.
(2) When using the UAC 2.0 mode,
Windows supports UAC 2.0 mode: When first connecting, please go to our website to download the USB DAC driver, and install it as the instruction to enable the USB DAC function.
It is recommended to use the v5.30 version. And if you are using a Win7 computer, please use the v4.47 version.
(3) The following instruction takes Windows 7 as an example to introduce how to install the USB DAC driver on the computer, and use the DAC to play songs: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202106181129330797039&tid=17
MacBook runs driver-free. Just directly choose the Q7 as the output device. Due to system reasons, the output sampling rate of MacBook will not follow the song automatically. It needs to be adjusted in Midi.